MALMEDIE: 90 Years of Coupling Innovation

In 1926, MALMEDIE started the coupling production

2016

M.A.T. Malmedie Antriebstechnik GmbH develops, manufactures and distributes in Solingen Gear-Couplings, Drum-Couplings and Safety-Couplings mainly for the steel industry, the crane industry, the mining industry and general heavy equipment applications. About 65% of the products are export business.

[Translate to English:]

2003

Dr. Rahim Groß ist owner of M.A.T. Malmedie Antriebstechnik GmbH.

1994

New construction of office and production buildings of „M.A.T. Malmedie Antriebstechnik GmbH” in Solingen, relocation of the company to the “Dycker Feld”.

1985

Fusion of the „Malmedie & Co Maschinenfabrik GmbH“ with the “Rheinmetall Maschinenbau GmbH“.

1984

Takeover of „M.A.T. Malmedie Antriebstechnik GmbH“ by Mr. Horst Heinrich Altenhein.

03.12.1981

Foundation of the „M.A.T. Malmedie Antriebstechnik GmbH“ by taking over the complete coupling production of the „Malmedie & Co Maschinenfabrik“.  

1972

The „Malmedie & Co Maschinenfabrik GmbH“ becomes an enterprise of the „Rheinmetall“ group. Malmedie produces with more than 500 employees tranfer presses and fully automatic machines for massive forming, ball- and roll presses, draw benches for wires and pipes, level- and cutting machines as well as mechanical couplings for power transmission applications. 50% of the products where exportet.

24.05.1950

Transformation of the „Malmedie & Co Maschinenfabrik“ from a stock company to a Pvt. Ltd. company.

1948

Malmedie gets the production permission.

1947

Office and manufacturing buildings were build up again.

1945

The majority of the office and manufacturing buildings were destroyed due to the war.

1930

In the course of the world economic crisis, the Kieserling brothers of Solingen became the new owners. The staff was reduced drastically and the company was moved to the „Königsberger Str.“ in Düsseldorf. Special draw benches following US licenses and special couplings where added to the product portfolio.

1926

Start of the coupling production under license of the British Bibby-Coupling.

1923

Production of machines for wire processing and draw benches for steel bars and pipes with 1200 employees.

17.08.1899

Transformation into a stock company (Malmedie & Co AG) with a capital of 1.3 million Goldmark.

15.09.1873

Foundation of the „Malmedie & Cie. Maschinenfabrik“ by Johann Josef Malmedie and Karl August Schmitz. Production of cold moulding presses and wire drawing machines with 25 employees in Düsseldorf-Oberbilk.